Learning math for kids
Subtracting Sardines is a fun learning experience with appealing and interactive 3D graphics. This new software is highly intuitive and with many elements to explore, discover and learn! The natural and logical interaction will help your child to develop a solid understanding of basic mathematics.
Learn how to:
- Solve math subtraction from 1-9 right up to 9-9
- Count from -8 to 8, both visually and verbally (US English)
- Develops Conceptual Understanding
- Builds Confidence
(For variation and to make sure all numbers are used and in different combinations, current keys are marked as done on correct subtraction. When all keys are marked they will reset. Can be disabled in the Settings)
- iOS 5 Compatible
- iPhone and iPod
- Also available on the Mac App Store.
- Option to set the highest number to practice (will let you subtract up to e.g. 4-4)
- Check off used numbers to encourage diverse addition problems or leave free after use for flexibility and repeated practice
- Interacting with the Sardines (real 3D physics)
- Interacting with the earned Gold Coins (real 3D physics)
- Seeing how Penguin reacts to various user input
- Exploring appealing animations and sounds
- Receiving a Gold Coin for each correct answer
- Collecting Gold Coins, and working towards 3 different trophies
- Seeing statistics on your collected Gold Coins and Sardines
- Put the Sardines into ice blocks while counting them
- Brush remove fish bones while counting them
- Reset all
- Automatic Clear and Plus keys - On/Off
- Music - On/Off
Additional statistics for the teacher/parent:
- Accuracy History on each achievement
- Correct subtractions
- Incorrect subtractions
Subtract Eggs app can help kids to know how to borrow when subtracting , this app use hatch out ducks to help kids understand subtraction.
For example: 82-27 =?
you can follow the steps to do subtraction by regrouping:
- 1. 2 is less than 7, so we need to regroup 1 ten as 10 ones, drag 1 ten to ones' blue box.
- 2. After regroup, there are 7 tens and 12 ones.
- 3. Drag the eggs to the marked place to hatch out 7 ducks
- 4. Drag the 2 tens eggs to the marked place to hatch out 20 ducks
- 5. Check the remaining number of eggs, enter the answer, press the green check button, check the answers
There are 90 questions and 3 levels in this app:
- 1 star level : subtraction that don't need regrouping
- 2 stars level: 2 digits minus 1 digit and need regrouping
- 3 stars level: 2 digits minus 2 digits and need regrouping
This app can help children to learn subtraction more easy and have more fun!